Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to my New Blog

Yesterday I tried a new recipe and it was a success. Found it in our local paper. Pork chops with peaches. Very easy and healthy. Makes enough for 4 if you use 4 pork chops. I made it for 2 and cooked 3 pork chops and we had one left over.
Here’s the recipe:  Preheat oven to 400°. Heat skillet to medium high. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper pork chops and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side. (I used 1″ chops)
Take off skillet and sauteed 1/2 cup sliced, chopped onions and 2 sliced peaches or nectarines (I used one of each) for about a minute in drippings of pan with 3 tablespoons of vinegar – either apple or red wine.
Add pork shops back in and bake in 400° oven for 810 minutes until done. Take out of oven and add 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped basil, stir and serve. Salt and pepper to taste.
I served with steamed broccoli and carrots for a healthy and colorful meal. You could add some rice or couscous if you wanted to add a starch.
Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment